Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Rock and Roll Hall of BLEHHHHHHHHH

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame FINALLY realized what a great idea it would be to open an annex in NYC. The museum itself is amazing - i had the pleasure of going through it alone last Friday and the opening video portion you sit through before entering the actual museum had me all choked up (which i guess isn't saying much as i am the girl who weeps at Californication).

However, the "party" they threw last night to celebrate the opening couldn't have been less fucking rock n roll. But I guess I shouldnt have expected anything more from a foundation who still has not inducted JOAN JETT or ALICE COOPER (yet they have the nerve to play Joan Jett + the Blackhearts songs at their party). But i digress. The DJ got off to a really awesome start playing Sabbath, The Clash, Zeppelin...then I'm not sure what happened but I started hearing lots of hip hop and weird remixes. Debbie...i mean...Deborah Harry and Chris Stein performed acoustically (YAWN). Other "true rock n roll" guests included Ciara, Taylor Momsen, model Jessica Hart, Lenny Kay of Patti Smith Group (he is one of the coolest guys ever), Kat DeLuna and Molly Simms. Les Paul was there, and that is damn cool.

1 comment:

Ken Pierce Media said...

Hey MusikBlitzer, I just went to the exhibit and posted my thoughts on the link below, so maybe your readers would enjoy taking a look at it. I liked it despite my own Metal guy reservations about some of the exclusions from the honor.

http://www.piercingmetal.com/event_rockannextour_121808.htm