Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Heart Coked Out Marcy!

Sunday night's episode made me feel dirty. I also get way too choked up when Becca speaks to Hank. Some scenes of this episode were unwatchable...as much as I'd like to go for a ride on papa Hank, I had to fast forward through the sex scenes. They just don't interest me anymore (GASP). And I certainly did not need to know that Mallory Keaton had her period. On of the final scenes of this one made me feel like i had been punched in the stomach by a 400lb body guard - Becca scolding her father.

I couldn't bear to post that scene here, for if I watch it again I might slit my wrists. Her scolding went something like this: “I'm always on your side, always, even when I shouldn't be. But I'm sick of it. I don't care if you and mom never say another kind word to each other, but I'm sick and tired of parenting you both. I'm a kid! I don't know what I'm doing half the time! But I do know this...If you keep cracking jokes, and taking another drink, and pretending that life is one big stupid party, you will miss everything.”

I think i need to watch Seanson 1 over again and see if it really was better than this season or if i'm just becoming jaded.

On another note, I am loving coked out Marcy! If you've never seen the movie Some Girl with Juliette Lewis, Marissa & Giovanni Ribisi, Michael Rapaport and the lovely Pamela Adlon pay three bucks for it on eBay and enjoy. Adlon plays the tough friend of a heartbroken Marissa Ribisi and kicks ASS.

No comments: