Monday, March 30, 2009

NewsBLITZ: METAL & HARDCORE PHOTOGRAPHY BOOK

Massaschusetts-based music photographer Jeremy Saffer has compiled 156 of his impressive photographs of metal and hardcore artists into one 120-page tome, Bring The Noise.

The hardcover book features a foreword written by Eighteen Visions bassist MickDeth and color photos of bands such as Lacuna Coil, Bleeding Through, All That Remains, Dimmu Borgir, Bring Me The Horizon, Norma Jean, Earth Crisis and Behemoth. Some of these shots have never-been-seen before.

"I'm really excited," says Saffer. "For me, it holds many amazing memories of photo sessions I've done throughout my career. Everything from shooting Cristina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil in a bathtub full of black water and doing the first U.S. photo shoot Carcass has done in over 10 years, to covering the first shoot Earth Crisis did since their break up in 2002, and the many other amazing shoots I was lucky enough to do in my first few years as a photographer. This book sums up my career thus far, so I'm really pumped on having a bunch of diverse work from different genres of heavy music all collected in one book. This is a chance for people to really see what I've done thus far, from all the angles of my career."

Many musicians have praised Saffer's pictures:

"His photos speak to me; I admire his work, and all he captures with his lens," says Hatebreed frontman Jamey Jasta.

"The word 'talented' absolutely belongs to Mr. Saffer," describes Lacuna Coil's Cristina Scabbia.

"A lot of us take pictures, but Jeremy takes photographs," states David Ellefson, formerly of Megadeth. "Even though his subjects are some of the biggest icons of rock who are worthy of a thousand words to tell their story, Jeremy says it all in one snap of a shutter."




Bring The Noise officially comes out April 21, but Saffer is already taking pre-orders—complete with a $10 discount and packaged with a limited-edition Bring The Noise/Jeremy Saffer guitar pick collection. Click here to place your oder now.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I really like Jeremy a lot, and his work is always amazing. I'd definitely put him as one of the best metal photogs in the USA today.