Tuesday, January 13, 2009

VH1 Sober House Countdown

I didn't really get into the second season of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab," but I sure as hell was addicted (no pun intended) to the first season. Not because I find it humorous to watch Z-listers struggle, but because I really do find their (hopeful) road to recovery interesting.

VH1's "Celebrity Rehab" spinoff "Sober House," is premiering this Thursday, January 15th at 10pm EST. One of Season one's patients, Seth "Shifty" Binzer is back at the sober house, I assume because he's still smoking the crack.

Here's Shifty during his better days:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the second season wasn't as good as the first because you didn't feel for half of the characters? Who gives a fuck about Nikki McKibbin, Rodney King or Sean Stewart? The only people you really cared about were Jeff Conaway & Steven Adler. Then Shifty came along & shook things up. Hopefully, him and Mary Carey will bring fun to Sober House.

Anonymous said...

It's often hard to feel sorry for those who really have been given so much in their lives, but the show makes us realize that they are only mere humans like us all and thereby easily tempted. One can only hope that the sometimes vivid portrayal of their terrible addictions can warn those who glamorize that crap.

Anonymous said...

I think its a great show! I lived with an alcoholic for 14 years .This show is really helping me to understand where they"re coming from.Its very hard tounderstand what makes them tick, also Ithink Dr.Drew is the greatest.