Monday, April 27, 2009

MUSIC CHOICE GETS RID OF ARENA ROCK

Music Choice recently switched up its line-up of channels and got rid of my favorite station: Arena Rock!!!

They replaced it with a new channel called Retro Rock. At first, I was doing okay. I heard Slaughter, Twisted Sister and the Scorpions. But then...oh God no...it was Bush, The Screaming Trees and other bland, generic acts from the '90s. I was very upset!

People that love rock music from the 1980s DO NOT like rock music from the 1990s. Everyone is aware of this...except the folks over at Music Choice.

The company claims to have "analyzed the results from an independent study, reviewed ongoing customer feedback and researched music industry trends to develop its new channel line-up." However, these results are certainly inaccurate.


I filled out the "Comments Form" on Music Choice's website to complain about this new channel and to request that they bring Arena Rock back. If you'd like to do the same, click here.

At least I still have Hair Nation on Sirius!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bush on Arena Rock??? Yikes. I'm also freaked out when I hear Chili Peppers on Q104.3. We're gettin old.

Anonymous said...

I am soooo glad somebody else besides me is livid over the recent change of channels. Arena rock was coming out of my tv way more than regular programming was. I DESPISE THE WORTHLESS BANDS OF THE 90'S. I know this is a horrible thing to say, but I am glad Kurt Cobain is dead because I hated him and the rest of Nirvana for killing my hair bands' fame. Now, I'm afraid, my tv is back on TruTV, my other guilty pleasure.

Anonymous said...

I was just on Retro Rock and the hugely undertalented Soundgarden came on. It took about 5 seconds to switch to the local radio station [995thefox.com]. I have no use for Music Choice these days. Unfortunately, I've heard some other 80's Rock radio stations starting to play 90's crap.

I too left a comment for Music Choice on their bad move.

Ditto on Cobain. Worthless piece of garbage.

R.I.P. Arena Rock.